So EA announced today that they are releasing free content for Star Wars Battlefront, due tomorrow.
On the official EA Star Wars page, they have announced that, in similar fashion to the Battle of Jakku expansion, that they would be releasing bonus free content. This includes new maps, such as:
– Tatooine Survival map being available for Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is now called Raider Camp.
– Hoth-themed outfits for heroes Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, which all players will have access to on Hoth.
– Private matches are now available (finally)
-Daily Challenges and Community Events, which will be “giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster”
– Fix various bugs and tweak weapons, etc.
Alongside this, EA announced three of the expansion packs, and what they would contain. They go as follows:
– Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim (March 2016) – These shall give us access to the factories on Sullust and the ability to fight INSIDE Jabba’s Palace on Tatooine.
– Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin (Summer 2016) – We’ll have the chance to play in Cloud City, high above Bespin.
– Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Autumn 2016) – The Death Star will be returning, come Autumn, which fans of Battlefront 2 will enjoy.
– Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – No info on this yet, but they have stated that they will be releasing details closer to the time.
So there you have it. The expansion packs that EA promised us. Not the Clone Wars or The Force Awakens we hoped for, but then again, EA had already announced this.
Honestly, unless there’s multiple maps, modes and characters PER release, then calling these expansion packs may be a tad false advertising. Have any opinions on this? Let us know below!